1. VR Sales Galleries are allowing prospective buyers to walk through the apartments and even step out onto terraces for as close to a real-life experience as possible. Whether full VR headset or immersive video, there’s no question that developers and agents alike are utilizing virtual reality more to promote properties.
2. California Closets are the new must have design feature. Developers are looking to enhance storage in apartments and are delivering homes with custom buildouts to reduce the need/cost of dressers and storage-related furniture throughout the home. The inclusion of this amenity enhances value and wow factor for buyers and renters alike.
3. Coffee Bars are the residential retail amenity of choice, including Blue Stone Lane at The Eugene, Whealth Café at Journal Squared, Ninth Street Espresso at Chelsea29, and COFFEED at Urby Staten Island.
4. Vantage features the first full scale outdoor amenity deck in Jersey City, including full-court basketball, a lawn for lounging and games such as bocce and croquet, a dog run, a children’s play area with zero entry pool, and plenty of private dining and BBQ nooks and niches. Welcome to your very own luxury resort.
5. Placemaking buildings impact neighborhoods and communities, and target a wider demographic of residents. Journal Squared has hosted activities that contribute to its neighborhood, such as its market day in the plaza drawing residents from throughout Jersey City.
6. Soft Amenities streamline their residents’ lives and flexible spaces and will set properties apart from one another. “Soft” translates to services, look for developers to double down on concierge, dog-walking, dry cleaning and personal training.
7. Park Francis offers residents a complimentary one-year membership to Hamilton Health and Fitness. HHF is a full-service health club that features a 60ft lap pool, fully equipped Pilates studio, sauna, steam room, child care, and a large selection of classes. This gives Park Francis residents the opportunity to enjoy a luxurious full-service fitness center, while living in a building with fewer than 100 homes.
8. Construction Site Staging seems like a messy proposition, but it might prove to be an effective bridge for a lack of imagination. Fortis Property Group, the developer of six new townhouses in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn hired Interior Marketing Group, a luxury staging company, to furnish several floors and an outdoor space with cream-toned furniture and leather-and-steel coffee tables.
9. Amazon continues its expansion, and residential buildings are beginning to take advantage of its cutting edge smart home technology. Steel Works in Harrison, New Jersey is providing each rental home with a built-in Amazon Echo Dot, so residents will have Alexa on hand for all of their personalized needs.
10. Airbnb is building a 324-residence building in Kissimmee, Florida, that is slated to be the first in a series of apartment buildings around the country. In an effort to combat rules governing sublets and building access, Airbnb developed the “Friendly Building Program”, a tool that allows building managers to monitor and regulate the number of home shares being offered at any one time, while also splitting home-share revenue with residents.